Skip to Content

Find more support at these organizations

There are so many resources available it is hard to know where to start.  To help you find what you need, our Autism Resource Specialists have compiled a list of organizations that provide resources to families about diagnoses, services, treatments, legislation, insurance, educational options, transitioning to adulthood, applying for grants and more. 

  • Massachusetts Autism Support Centers

    Autism Alliance of Metrowest in Natick Serves Metrowest, Middlesex West

    Autism Resource Center in West Boylston Serves Worcester, North Central & South Valley areas

    Autism Support Center in Danvers - Serves Northeast region

    Family Autism Center in Westwood - Serves Norfolk County
    781-762-4001, Ext. 310

    Community Autism Resources in Swansea - Serves Southeastern region, Cape Cod & Islands                           

    Community Resources For People With Autism in Easthampton Serves Western region           

    TILL & Boston Families for Autism in Dedham - Serves Greater Boston             

  • Autism Resources

    Advocates for Autism-Massachusetts (AFAM): A parent-founded and driven advocacy group for increasing the awareness of autism spectrum disorders and the current and pending legislation in Massachusetts.

    Asperger’s Association of New England (AANE): A comprehensive resource and support center serving the Boston and New England area for individuals with Asperger Syndrome, high-functioning autism (adults, teens, children) and their families. AANE has an excellent website including a database of support groups, family grants, specialized programs, books and articles, conferences, trainings and more. Staff members include service coordinators for adults, teens, and children. Watertown. 

    Autism Insurance Resource Center:  This Center provides information to the public about insurance coverage under the law, An Act Relative to Insurance Coverage for Autism (ARICA) which took effect in Massachusetts on January 1, 2011. 

    Autism Special Education Legal Support Center at Massachusetts Advocates for Children: Through the Autism Legal Helpline, callers receive free technical assistance and answers to their questions about educational rights of children with autism. Boston.
    617-357-8431 ext. 224.

    Charles River Center: This Center provides employment and job training, residential homes, therapeutic day programs, and recreational programs for children and adults with developmental disabilities.  The Center also coordinates a travel readiness program with Logan Airport for families of children with autism who have difficulty with airline travel and security screeners. Please contact them for more detailed information.

    Doug Flutie Junior Foundation for Autism: Raises public awareness and supports families and organizations through grants. Provides education, resources, and links about autism.
    508-270-8855 or 866-3AUTISM

    Back to top

  • Massachusetts Disability Resources

    ARC of Massachusetts: A statewide resource that provides advocacy and support for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities, such as autism, through the 22 ARC chapters.

    Department of Public Health / Children & Youth With Special Health Care Needs (CYSHCN) Program:  The CYSHCN program helps families coordinate their child’s medical, social and educational needs.  This program offers a Community Support Line where Resource Specialists offer technical assistance to parents.  The Care Coordination Program has Care Coordinators, who speak both English and Spanish, available to provide services to parents who have a child with complex medical needs. 

    Early Intervention and Specialty Service Providers: For information about services for children under three in Massachusetts, go to and type Early Intervention in the Search box or call 800-905-8437.
    For information about Specialty Services such as ABA or Floortime, call Early Intervention Intensive Services Coordinator at 413-586-7525.

    Family Ties of Massachusetts: A statewide information and parent-to-parent support program for families of children with special needs and chronic illnesses. Offers a comprehensive resource directory. 800-905-TIES (8437) or 617-541-2875.

    Mass Family Voices/Massachusetts Family-to-Family Health Information Center:  This center is staffed by parents who provide free, confidential assistance to families raising children with special healthcare needs become more knowledgeable about healthcare services and supports as well as receive assistance in obtaining those benefits. 800-331-0688 x. 210

    Mass Family Voices Listserv:  This listserv allows families raising children and youth with special healthcare needs to share resources and information, post questions and answers, so that listserv members can learn and support each other.  Membership is free and confidential.  Please send an e-mail to for more details. 

    Parent/Professional Advocacy League (PAL): Statewide parent support organization for children’s emotional, behavioral, and mental health needs. 617-542-7860 or 866-815-8122, Boston. 508-767-9725, Worcester.

    Sibling Support Project:  This is a national program dedicated to supporting the concerns of brothers and sisters of people who have special health, developmental, or mental health concerns.  There are also local service providers who host workshops, and listservs to support siblings of people with special needs.

    Special Health Needs Community Support Line: Under the Massachusetts Office of Health and Human Services, the support line offers statewide information, help, and referrals for families of children with special health-care needs. Go to and type Community Support Line in the Search box or call 800-882-1435.

    SpedChildMass: This website has Massachusetts workshops and resources for children with special needs, along with pertinent news.

    Back to top

  • Special Education Resources

    Children’s Law Center of Massachusetts: Provides legal services to low income children, and information and training to parents. 781-581-1977.

    Disability Law Center: Offers legal advice for children who have disabilities; sometimes takes cases for free. Boston, 617-723-8455 or 800-872-9992. Western Massachusetts, 413-584-6337 or 800-222-5619.

    EdLaw Project: Provides legal representation, technical assistance, and training to families of low-income children in Boston who are in danger of not receiving appropriate education services. Call Marlies Spanjaard at 617-989-8150 or visit

    Federation for Children with Special Needs: Updated federal and state special education laws, advice, information, and access to advocacy, IEP development and related resources, parent information guides, and statewide parent workshops.  

    Boston office 617-236-7210 or 800-331-0688. Western Mass. office 413-323-0681 or 866-323-0681.

    Parent Training and Information – Spanish

    Parent Training and Information – Portuguese

    Special Needs Advocacy Network (SPAN): Provides a list of special education advocates. Fees vary. Also offers workshops. 508-655-7999.

    Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, Special Education: The state’s official website for parents of children ages 3 through 22 eligible for special education. Provides state and federal regulations, information on IEPs and parent rights, and a procedural safeguards manual for working with your district’s special education department. 781-338-3000.  

    Program Quality Assurance: Call if you are having problems with the school district and ask to speak to the contact person for your town or city. 781-338-3700.

    Parent Advisory Council (PAC): A PAC is a group of parents in your city/town whose children are receiving special education services from the school district. They have information about local services, and offer workshops and the opportunity to network with other parents. To find the PAC for your school district, ask your district’s special education office or visit or  Also visit for more information.

    SPEDWatch: Grassroots nonprofit social change movement working to secure the educational rights of all Massachusetts schoolchildren with disabilities. 

    Urban PRIDE: For families of kids with disabilities living in city of Boston. A resource for workshops, parent supports and advocacy. 617-206-4570.

    Back to top

  • National and State Resources


    New Hampshire:

    Autism Society of America (New Hampshire chapter): Offers educational support and resources for parents. Concord. 603-679-2424.

    The Birchtree Center: Provides specialized educational services for children and youth with autism. Portsmouth.  603-433-4192.

    Department of Education: 603-271-3494.

    Easter Seals Autism Network, Family Support Program: Offers support meetings, parent education, and a respite program. Manchester. 603-623-8863.

    Jacob’s Bridge Through Autism: Developed by parents, has listing of local and national resources. Plymouth.
    New Hampshire Resource Center on Autism Spectrum Disorders: At the Institute on Disability at UNH. 603-228-4230.

    Parent Information Center: Information about special education laws and advocacy in New Hampshire. 603-224-7005.

    Southeastern Regional Education Service Center: Education and behavioral support programs and services for families and schools; has specific autism services. Bedford. 603-206-6800.

    Back to Top

    Rhode Island:

    Autism Project of Rhode Island: Family support, resources, and education.
    Autism Society of America (Rhode Island chapter): 401-595-3241.

    Department of Elementary and Secondary Education: 401-222-8999.

    Families for Effective Autism Treatment of Rhode Island: 401-886-5015.

    Rhode Island Developmental Disabilities Council: 401-737-1238

    Rhode Island Department of Education special education services: 401-222-4600. 

    Rhode Island Disability Law Center: 401-831-3150.

    Rhode Island Parent Information Network: 401-270-0101. 

    Back to Top


    Autism Society of America (Connecticut chapter):  888-453-4975. 

    Connecticut Autism Spectrum Resource Center: 203-265-7717. 

    Connecticut Families for Effective Autism Treatment: 860-571-3888.
    Connecticut Parent Advisory Center: 860-739-3089.

    Connecticut State Department of Education: 860-713-6543.

    Hartford-New Haven Community Parent Resource Center (CPRC): 860-297-4358 

    Stamford Education 4 Autism: 203-322-9767.  

    Back to Top


    Autism Society of America (Maine chapter): 800-273-5200.  

    Children’s Behavioral Health Services (Department of Health & Human Services): (207) 287-5060.

    Center for Community Inclusion & Disability Studies at the University of Maine: 207-581-1084.

    Department of Education:

    Developmental Disabilities Council of Maine:
    Disability Rights Center: 800-452-1948.
    Maine Parent Federation: 800-870-7746. 

    Back to Top


    Autism Society of America (Vermont chapter):

    Autism Support Daily: 802-985-8773  

    Department of Education: 802-828-5116. 

    Vermont Division of Disability Autism Supports: 802-241-2863.

    Vermont Autism Task Force:   

    Back to Top

    National Resources

    American Academy of Pediatrics:

    Autism, Asperger’s and Pervasive Developmental Disorders: Offers comprehensive information, education, articles, and fact sheets.

    Autism Society of America: Oldest parent advocacy group. Offers many resources. Provides annual conference and state chapters.
    Autism Speaks: Funds global research into the causes, prevention, treatments and cure for autism; and raises public awareness about autism and its effects on individuals, families and society.
    Also offers a free comprehensive guide to the first 100 days after diagnosis which is available in English and Spanish. Download it from

    Wrights Law autism information: Special education laws and advocacy information. 

    Yellow Pages for Kids with Disabilities: Comprehensive list of resources by state for children with all disabilities.

    Back to Top